Night City Bar News

Reposting the announcement made by @revengeday over on Night City Bar, where the OTS mod team has decided to shutter NCB at the beginning of the year.

For those of you wondering why, it basically boils down to the fact that the Firefish project is being abandoned, which necessarily effects the IceShrimp fork of same on which NCB is currently running, and the IceShrimp devs have also decided to do a complete rewrite in .NET which none of us want to maintain.

But never fear, corteximplant.com and corteximplant.net (our Akkoma instance) are still around, not going anywhere any time soon, and available for y’all to use! Akkoma is (in my opinion) a nice balance between IceShrimp and Mastodon, so you active NCB users might enjoy CortexNet as your new home!

Here’s a screenshot for posterity:

2 Likes

Yes, indeed, it is more because the Iceshrimp developers now want to use .NET. I absolutely do not want to support this Microsoft crap. I’d rather rip out my cyberware and lie lifeless in some alleyway!

1 Like

A perfectly acceptable and supported attitude to have, in my mind. I’d rather go without cyberware than have it be provided by Microsoft on .NET. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: