CYBERWARE — Anbernic RG35XX Boot Logo

I was a bit bored, so I decided to try and create a custom boot logo for the Anbernic RG35XX. In case you’re not familiar with the Anbernic RG35XX, it’s a handheld device used to play ROMs of past games (or even newly created ones).

Now, back to the custom boot logo. I thought it would be cool to have a boot logo that represents our community, so I took the “Cyberware” logo and our “CORTEX IMPLANT” logo, and tried to create a cool boot logo out of them.

boot_logo

If you also want to use it for your Anbernic RG35XX, you can download it here. However, a few steps need to be taken in order for the boot logo to be displayed. Download the file and move the ‘boot_logo.bmp.gz’ to your ‘misc’ boot partition. That’s it! Oh, and you’ll need GarlicOS. But I think most people who have an Anbernic RG35XX already use it anyway.

Download: boot_logo.bmp.gz 11kb

5 Likes

This is pretty sweet! Makes me kind of want to buy an Anbernic RG35XX just so I can use the boot screen.

On a slightly related note, you uh…you wouldn’t, ummm… you wouldn’t want to make a nice big old JPEG or PNG of this that could be used for a PC background now, wouldja? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

This is awesome! I’ve never heard of the Anbernic RG35XX before but that is actually exactly what I was thinking of not too long ago. I was playing an old pokemon game on my laptop and thought to myself, “What if I made a handheld that just boots RetroArch?” it’s cool to see that it’s already a thing

The device is quite cool even without my custom boot screen, at least if you want to play some old games :smiley:

Ta-da CYBERWARE — Wallpaper Set

I had a similar thought and then I saw how some retro game fans presented this device. It is quite usable and for the price okay I think!

1 Like

I bought the thing and only shortly after realized that the DS games I planned to play on it aren’t gonna work too well, considering the single screen xD

Well there are plenty of other retro games I wanted to try as well, no biggie. Is there any way to make DS games’ dual screen thing more bearable on it though?

As far as I know, you can define some settings in RetroArch so that the second screen is shown “somewhere” on the display :grinning:

1 Like

Sounds useful, thanks!

1 Like

This is super neat, thanks for the share!

1 Like