Cyberpunk breakfast

Hey Punks, what do you have for breakfast?

Your body needs to be fueled for all corpo work and revolution you want to make.

I normally go for cereals and my anti-cyberpsycho pills.
But also warm things are nice, like microwaved eggs, porridge or a fresh mug cake.

3 Likes

porridge is nice. i feel like itā€™s the middle ground of tasty, convenient and healthy. also thereā€™s space for variety, you can put fruits in, jam or cacao powder, but usually i make it plain with (not) milk.

as for something more cyberpunk, i wish these liquid food drinks were more viable for me. they always taste like somehow greasy protein drinks to me and never actually fill me up. if they would, they would be my ideal corpo fuel

2 Likes

Itā€™s Quinoa flakes, protein powder, and a milk substitute made from coconuts stirred up and zapped into a protein rich sludge similar to porridge for me in the morning. Then itā€™s a question of how I season and flavour it up. Sausage and maple syrup for an autumn vibe, banana and honey for a sweet kick, raspberries and blackberries for tart zing.

Itā€™s almost always that because I have serious food allergies and most normal options are a bad idea for me.

Itā€™s not too cyberpunk, but since itā€™s fair trade quinoa I hope itā€™s a step in a Solarpunk direction.

Oh, and a mug of tea if there is time!

1 Like

I have soy-based & coconut based joghurt, mixed with oats. Every day, basically. Itā€™s my standard breakfast.

1 Like

I donā€™t generally eat breakfast due to intermittent fasting, but when I do I usually go for cereals (Iā€™m a big fan of Magic Spoon low-carb cereals) or protein bars. Protein bars strike me as very cyberpunk - mass-produced slabs of ambiguously sourced proteins a la Soylent Green. :smiley: But theyā€™re easy to stash and carry, so as long as the texture isnā€™t too bad, Iā€™ll usually eat those.

If Iā€™m getting fancy or doing a lot of activity (say, when I go to karate seminars), being in Texas Iā€™ll usually have a couple of breakfast tacos usually stuffed with eggs, bacon, cheese, maybe potatoes, and maybe some brisket or sausage. Theyā€™re easy to hold in the hand and eat on the go if required, so it seems like itā€™s a pretty cyberpunk way to get breakfast in a compact package. ā€œBreakfastā€ is usually synonymous with ā€œeggsā€ for me if weā€™re talking hot fuel. Big fan of eggs for breakfast!

1 Like

I would consider porridge as some kind of self made liquid food ā€¦ Slime.
Maybe it needs a dash of protein powder to reach the protein levels of buyable Liquid foods, but it should be quite similar as a result

1 Like

hmm, putting protein powder into porridge, then filling it into bottles. almost seems like a good idea. i have seen a special kind of oatmeal, with very fine flakes that dissolve even in cold water, maybe that would be useful.

1 Like

Sounds kinda like that baby food that they put in squeezable packs so you can squeeze it out into a bowl or something or just suck the paste out through the nozzle.

1 Like

Iā€™ve used those packs when traveling. Itā€™s hard to find an emergency meal substitute with my allergies, I canā€™t just grab a sandwich from a coffee shop at the motorway services. However, itā€™s fairly easy to find limited ingredient, clearly labelled, nutritious options in the squeezable toddler foods.

3 Likes

Yeah, theyā€™re pretty handy for long road trips and such also (as I recently discovered). You can eat ā€˜em without all the mess going everywhere. What we need is the Willy Wonka bubblegum that tastes like a full 7-course meal (but without the fruit-transformation side effects).

I think of the slabs of protein from ā€œSnowpiercerā€, the ā€œbowl of snotā€ protein substance (like runny Cream of Wheat) from The Matrix, and the SCOP from Cyberpunk, and Iā€™m kind of surprised that we havenā€™t seen something like it marketed already. Iā€™d imagine that it probably wouldnā€™t become a common food source until it was necessary due to either unavailability of food or high costs/poverty. Iā€™d imagine that the taste and texture would be fairly off-putting unless thatā€™s all one could afford.

2 Likes

I got informed by a company that they now make weird ā€œenergy barsā€ with taste like coffee, chocolate, mashed potatoes and pizza. Their ingredients are very cheap, but that concept might fit here too.

Donā€™t click I am not into this company for their military vibes and cheap ingredients

Looks like prepper food to me.
Def. Cyberpunk if you had this as daily meal. +perfect for vending machines.

2 Likes

The bowl of protein/snot is basically what quinoa flakes become. Adding extra protein powder to it boosts it to more useful levels but doesnā€™t improve the taste at all. I try and mask it with honey, nutmeg, and fresh fruit but it is still just mushy protein goo.

I meet all @SynAck 's criteria for it though; my choice is restricted by allergies, and itā€™s horribly expensive compared to a normal cereal so unless you have to you really donā€™t want to.

1 Like